James finished his first week of Adventure Camp on Friday. He spent all day at the zoo on Thursday and was back at the Richmond Heights community center again on Friday. Though he was very sad at drop off and Thursday when both Julie and I took him, and Katie said he was sad a few times at the zoo, everyone at the camp seemed to think he had a great week.
You can read about what his group did for the week here (James was in group one). Also, there was a big photo on page 2 of the front page section of Friday's Post-Dispatch of James's friend and carpool buddy Lucy you can see here (if the link still works).
We are of course very proud of James—he went a whole week without a nap, away from home and the familiarity of school, and he tried lots of new things. Here's his last note from Friday's day:
During swim time I: played ball in the water.
During cooking I was able to: make a spider out of an oreo.
I had the most fun doing: gym because I played basketball.
At special activity today I: cooked.
I would like to be able to work on: socializing more with other campers.
Other: James had a great week at camp. Even through the ups and downs he was able to smile and laugh a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment