Julie wondered last night why people in town would bother checking this blog, and why people out of town would be interested in anything other than pictures and updates. It made me think I should try to define why I'm trying this. So here are a few ideas:
1. I thought I could use a blog to communicate to interested family and friends what we're working on with James. Julie and I get so much information from therapists and teachers all the time, and then take for granted that we know it. With just a little guidance, it's easy to learn things to do with James that make you feel like your interactions with him are meaningful, and that help him too. I feel like when Mark and Amy and the triplets come in town, I already have a sense of what that whirlwind looks and feels like, and what individual personalities are like, and that makes me feel more like I know what's going on. I won't aspire to the level of Amy's masterful blogging—but it did make me think maybe we could use a blog similarly.
2. Life with James is different than life with our typically developing kids. Sometimes that's hard to articulate. I thought this would give me a place to do that, and you, if you're so inclined, to read about it.
3. And for the out-of-towners, we can offer periodic reminders, in pictures and text, of just how cute, handsome, smart, charming, accomplished, and well-adjusted we and all of our children are, just so you don't forget.
4. It's something for me to mess with. I'll try it for a month and see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment